Saturday, September 27, 2008

WHAT A WEEK!!!!!
Well, our big boy Jake turned 5 this week. It has been a week of celebrating his birthday...and we still have one more party to go Sunday with Jason's family!! Here are all the fun things we have done.....o ya, I got a new mama van!! That's right, the person that said I would never, ever drive a mini van got one!!! And I LOVE it!!!! anyway, you will see one quick pic of it and I will post more later!

So, Jake had 12 of his friends over last night for a his birthday party. They played in the backyard, did a pinata, had cake and opened presents. It was lots of fun!!





We had a party at grandma Strong's. Jake got the coolest cake and lots of fun presents. Thanks grandma!!!




opening presents at home with us on his birthday. He kept telling us he wants a suit like daddy for church!!! So, he got his suit...I cant wait for him to wear it....so funny!!


Then we did the circus on his birthday that night. It was lots o fun....but really long!! The kids loved it.


And finally today was the first day of soccer. He is playing with his cousin Jonah. He loved it and did so great. And yep, that's my new ride!!!






15 comments:

Jenni S said...

Fun birthday!! And LOVE the new van. So nice. Cute pictures.

Natalie Kemp said...

Ha! It's official. You are a soccer mom with a mini van! I love it.

aaron and jenn said...

mini van mamma.. we all eventually cave in to it. :) hey kids and mini's just go hand in hand! (i like the color)

8426 STICKNEY AVE said...

Love the new ride. I am thinking that a van sounds like a great idea. Cam would never buy me one. Looks like you had a busy birthday week. I love it when my birthday last all week.

Marti said...

Jake looks so big! What fun celebrations for such a handsome little guy. And I love the soccer pics. They grow up so fast!

Marni Bown said...

Boys birthdays are so eventful. And a comment on the van, as long as you can drive with your head out the sunroof...your still cool!

Brittany said...

Grace had so much fun at this party! Jamie said how fun it was to see her with all of her friends when he droped her off. It really is so fun how they have a big group of kids in the neighborhood!

allie said...

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny...A VAN???? What on earth were you thinking? I could hardley get over the transition from a Audi to a VW Wagon!!! {how times change}

Kristine and Ryan said...

Looks like he had a really good week! Hope that he had a good b-day. Like your new ride too! I didn't know that volkswagon made mini vans!!!!!! just kidding!

Bayless said...

Happy Birthday Jake!
Sorry we missed it

blueeyedfreckle said...

didn't you get stressed with all those little kids at the party? You must be super mom!

Melissa Parker said...

Jake is so darling! I think you will look like a total MILF in that hot mini van! :)

Unknown said...

Finn had a great time at Jake's party too! Thanks for letting me stay and get some adult time. You don't know how much I needed it that day. Thanks for all the fun!!

Lorilee said...

that's some cake!... I can't believe he's 5. crazy.
cutest kids.

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Every mama needs a mama van at some point in her mamahood!