Thursday, January 31, 2008
Posted by The Powells at 2:54 PM
So of course I forgot to take pictures, but we had a little lunch date today with a few of my friends that I love and their kids. The kids played and us moms just talked. Its so good to do this....friends are the best!! We are so grateful to live in such a wonderful neiborhood and be surrounded by such amazing people...with wonderful kids too!! I love that Jake is old enough to just go play at a friends house or have friends come to our house. It makes me sad that he is getting so big, but I love it at the same time. So to all you moms out there, be apart of playgroups and enjoy your friendships you get to have with your neibors -- its the best!!
Posted by The Powells at 2:28 PM
Monday, January 28, 2008
Please watch this video on President Hinkley
Posted by The Powells at 1:41 PM
President Hinckley was the 15th president in the 177-year history of the Church and had served as its president since 12 March 1995.
The Church president died at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City at 7:00 p.m. Sunday night from causes incident to age. Members of his family were at his bedside.
Posted by The Powells at 12:14 PM
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Posted by The Powells at 6:11 PM
THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM.....
So what a fun day my little ones had today. Horray for the sunshine! Jake said this morning,"look mom, its sunny outside...does that mean I can play in the backyard?" So that is what he did. Pretty sad that 40 degrees felt so nice a "warm", but he and Brenden had a great time. They played outside for over an hour then came inside to get warm and then back outside for more playing. The bad news is we are getting a HUGE storm tomorrow and monday..thats what we get for living in Utah, right?! Don't get me wrong, we love it here.
Posted by The Powells at 6:09 PM
Posted by The Powells at 5:57 PM
Posted by The Powells at 5:54 PM
Friday, January 25, 2008
I NEED IDEAS...
So my kids, and yes myself, are going a little nuts! We love the snow but its just to dang cold to go outside. I need some ideas of things you are doing with your kids this freezing and very snowy winter. We took the kids to jungle jims the other day to play and we go to chick- fil- a to play, or to southtown to ride the merry-go round, but I just am hoping for a few more ideas. I just wish that sunshine would come! Thanks in advance for you ideas
Posted by The Powells at 12:07 PM
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Posted by The Powells at 7:48 PM
Saturday, January 19, 2008
WE WILL MISS YOU....SEE YOU IN NOVEMBER!!!
Well tomorrow will be a sad day for this cute family that we love. Eric is leaving for nine months to Iraq and we will miss him! This is his darling family and his sweet wife is also pregnant due in July...he will come home in November to a new little addition to his family. We are so excited for them and wish him well. Love you guys!!
Posted by The Powells at 4:36 PM
Posted by The Powells at 4:34 PM
Posted by The Powells at 4:24 PM
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
THE MIDWAY HOUSE IS DONE.....
So my parents and my moms sisters and their husbands built this cute house in midway. It is so fun and we went up for the first time this weekend. I just love Midway, its such a cute and quiet town. We went to the best Mexican restaurant and I cant wait to spent more time up there. We get it 1 week in every month so we are very excited. My moms brothers bought the house right next to this one so we are going to have a great time. There is a club house right down the street with so many fun things inside and Jake was very happy to find the basketball court. Anyway, thought I would share that with you all.
Posted by The Powells at 3:12 PM
Posted by The Powells at 3:04 PM
Posted by The Powells at 2:57 PM
Saturday, January 12, 2008
WHATS IN YOUR FRIDGE?
Posted by The Powells at 1:23 PM
Monday, January 7, 2008
What are your top 5 quirks??
So my friend Brittany did this a while ago and I loved it!! I never got around to doing it until now. I will share with you my top 5 quirks...and share yours too!!
1. My plate of food.... so i really don't like my food to touch the other food on my plate. I know it all goes to the same place but I just don't like it. I make little areas for each food and I think it just tasts better!!
2. When you eat your food...I really don't like to hear other people eating their food. If its noodles I hear slurping, I go a little crazy inside!! Even at night when my kids finally, yes finally around 11pm, go to sleep and Jason is next to me with his glass of milk and usually ice cream or cookies or something and I hear him drink or eat it makes me crazy- poor guy trys so hard to eat quiet and usually always does!! Sorry honey, I still love you though!
3. My jammies...how I love to be home in my jammies! I can get home and within seconds change into some warm jammies faster than you can believe. Jason will come in after me a minute later and I'm all cozy and comfy in my jammies -- love it!!
4. The TV...I love to lay in bed at night and finally have a few minutes to myself. I really don't like to watch or listen to commercials so I tend to push the mute button every time there is a commercial. Sometimes, because I'm so dang tired, I forget to turn the volume back up and start watching the show on mute. I just sit and watch and don't even notice until Jason comes in the room and says, "a little volume would be nice when your watching TV!" I some how follow the show even though its in mute.
5. My kitchen...I really cant relax at night or sometimes even go to bed if my kitchen is a mess. I love the dishes to be done and just know that at least one room in my house is somewhat put together before I go to bed. It's also so nice to wake up to that one clean room!!
Well, there ya have it. A little something about me. I will have to think up some good stuff about Jason and post it... he will love it!!
Posted by The Powells at 7:00 PM
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Thursday night ky was very sick with the flu. She had been sick for 3 days but kept acting like she was feeling better and Wed. acted just fine. Well, thursday around 7:30pm we decided to take her to Primary Childrens Hospital because we were worried about her being dehydrated. Well she was -- extremly dehydrated!! In fact, they hooked her up to the iv in the ER and ran 2 bags - no wet diaper. When the lab work came back around midnight they said we would be staying the night and able to go home the next morning. Well, she didn't have a wet diaper until friday am, around 8. They think she was even more dehydrated then the lab worked showed. Poor little thing was on the iv all day until friday evening. They said she had Gastroenteritis, which is an infection in her stomach and intestines. It was very scary to see you little 18month old so sick and being poked and having the nurses and doctors checking on her every hour in the night. The good news is we are home, she is doing so much better. She is sleeping and drinking, not quite eating yet. We are very tired but grateful we have Primary Childrens hospital and they are truly wonderful there. Hope you all stay healthy and take care this winter!!
Posted by The Powells at 2:08 PM
Posted by The Powells at 2:06 PM
Posted by The Powells at 2:04 PM
Posted by The Powells at 2:03 PM
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
We wish you all a happy 2008 -- may this year bless your lives with health and happiness.
Posted by The Powells at 4:03 PM