Friday, October 3, 2008

I've been tagged.....
So my friend Melissa tagged me and its an easy one so I will do it Melissa!!!!

6 random things about me.....

  1. I'm blind in my left eye. I was born with cataracts in both eyes and the one in my left eye had formed over my lens and my brain was never able to learn to see out of that eye. I have had alot of surgery's, the first one being when I was 9months to remove the cataract. I had a lazy eye and that was fixed after a few surgeries and then when I was 22 I had the cataract removed out of my right eye.
  2. Eyes again, my left eye is green and my right eye is blue. We think it has something to do with all my eye stuff, but who really knows!!
  3. I have 2 kids and pregnant with my 3rd. My 2 kids both took along time to get here. 1yr of trying with Jake and 9months with Ky. The mis-carriage didn't take anytime at all. I was pregnant the next month after stopping my birth control and then this pregnancy was so fast too! The lord is blessing me...I'm so grateful! I don't think I could have gone through that waiting period again.
  4. For 100+ years we have a tradition in my family of making homemade hand dipped chocolates for Christmas. My great grandma and her sisters started it off. Then of course my wonderful grandma came into the picture, with her daughters joining years later. Now me and my cousins are involved. I remember in elementary always being "sick" around chocolates time. I would go sit in the corner on the ground and just watch. Its such a production and an art and I feel so lucky to be a part of it. We make over 20 different flavors from scratch and roll them all out and then my mom, aunts, and me as of last year hand dip them. We start Nov 8th and I cant wait. You will see many pictures and maybe even a little video!!! Thank you grandma for continuing this tradition along.
  5. I love the holidays. They make me so happy because holidays mean spending time with family and friends. We have a ridiculous amount of traditions, but If just one of them went away it wouldn't be the same. I love all the parties, the food, the treats, the decorating, the excitement on my kids faces on Christmas morning, and just having wonderful family surrounding us. Its the best!
  6. I love Coronado more than anything. We are lucky enough that my grandparents have a place there and we get to spent 2weeks in July there. Also, once a year my grandma, aunts, cousin Lindsey, me and my mom go on a girls trip. We go for 4 days or so and shop, eat, shop again, eat again, stay up late laughing and acting like teenagers. Its the best!! Coronado makes me instantly relax and i love it so much....i wish i was there right now!!!!

Well that does it....

I now tag Lindsey, Brittany, Heather, Marni, Jen S, Celeste

9 comments:

jen said...

Well... CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you and your family that you are being blessed yet again! I will be praying for you and that sweet little one... nothing happens by coincidence!

Marni Bown said...

I love chocolate. I can't wait for that production. So, I guess I am tagged. How fun.

Marti said...

I LOVE these kinds of tags. Fun to find out a little bit more about you. That chocolate seems like some serious business. Yummy!

8426 STICKNEY AVE said...

I remember the chocolates! I think that is a big reason I hung around so long. Totally just kidding! Sure miss the chocolates ( Hint Hint) and you all.

Lorilee said...

I remember those chocolates... ummmmmm, that sounds so good right now.

John and Celeste said...

OK - I'll play!!!!! How come I didn't get any of the chocolate????

Marni Bown said...

Well, I just want you to know that it took me about a week, but I did. Thanks for making think about my random life.

Azy said...

i love your beautiful eyes! i think they are amazing:)

blueeyedfreckle said...

I loved reading that post! I never knew that you actually couldn't see out of your left eye! craziness! and reading about your family traditions makes me miss my own family, and well Utah for some reason (even though I don't have family there). It think its because it is so family-oriented and you always see and hear about that kind of stuff around the holidays!